WhatsApp is a messaging application for smartphones and other mobile devices. Jan Koum and Brian Acton were the founders and they founded this in 2009. However, it was later acquired by Facebook Inc. in 2014. WhatsApp allows users to send text messages, voice messages, images, videos, and documents, and make voice and video calls over the internet, using either Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Some Key Whatsapp Features include:
- Instant Messaging: Users can receive and send text messages to groups and individuals.
- Voice and Video Calls: With a voice and video calls option, users can send voice messages and video call anyone around the world.
- Multimedia Sharing: Whatsapp users can share images, text, voice, and some other documents like PDF, word files, and video.
- End-to-End Encryption: This encryption ensures that only the sender and recipient can read or hear the messages, providing a higher level of privacy and security.
- Group Chats: Users can create and participate in group chats with multiple contacts, making it easy to communicate with friends, family, or colleagues.
- Status Updates: Users can share short-lived status updates with their contacts, similar to stories on other social media platforms.
- WhatsApp Web: WhatsApp offers a web-based version and solution that allows users to send and receive messages using their computers’ web browsers.
Whatsapp is a fun way to communicate with your family and friends. It is extremely cost-effective and easy to understand and use.
They also have the WhatsApp business option for entrepreneurs. WhatsApp Business is a separate application developed by WhatsApp specifically for small and medium-sized businesses to interact with their customers.
The remaining article is picked from the official WhatsApp blog:
And today, they are changing something:
Voice messages on WhatsApp changed the way people communicate by providing a quick and secure way to share your voice. We’re excited to build on this feature with new instant video messages. Now you can record and share short personal videos directly in the chat.
Video messages are a real-time way to respond to chats with whatever you want to say and show in 60 seconds. We think these will be a fun way to share moments with all the emotion that comes from video, whether it’s wishing someone a happy birthday, laughing at a joke, or bringing good news.
Sending a video message is as simple as sending a voice message. Just tap to switch to video mode, and hold to record the video. You can also swipe up to lock and record the video hands-free. Videos will play automatically on mute when opened in a chat, and tapping on the video will start the sound. Video messages are protected with end-to-end encryption to keep your messages secure.
Video messages have begun rolling out and will be available to everyone in the coming weeks.